Why Order and Plant Tulips
- Best quality Tulips give the best display. Order early from a specialist or renown supplier.
- Tulips can supply that wild dash of colour in a spring garden or vase of flowers.
- Several Tulips have a scent that is worth cultivating.
- Botanic and species Tulips offer something a bit different in your gardem
A selection of tulips are available from Thompson & Morgan
Colour and Tulips
- The first couple of photographs were selected because they start to show the range of colour available from the tulip family.
- Matched is better than a large variety of colours so I avoid mixtures.
- Swathes of one colour and variety will flower at the same time.
- Selecting two harmonising colours requires you to plan the varieties that will flower at the same time and height.
Scent and Tulips
- Orange Tulips are said by John Hiorns to have the best scent and Ballerina and Veronique Sanson fit this bill.
- The magenta coloured Margarita is a double flowering quite early when scent is at a premium.
- The 10″ high Peach Blossom has fine flowers with pink outer petals and a distinctive white eye and a scent to entrance.
- These Shirley Tulips are a nice bicolour.
- Fringed and Parrot tulips are popular if you want something a bit different.
- Viridian Tulips have a stripe of green on the outer petals and look green when closed.
- Double Tulips are all the rage at the moment – Order some for your Autumn planting.
Cut Flower Tulip varieties
More Scented Tulip varieties