The dew on the spiders web doesn’t worry what the plant is called conifer, Picia or a more exotic variety (I have lost the label and there are many Picias to pick from). What the spider will be interested in is the type of insect attracted to the plant and thereby the web. Below is a picture of the 5 year old plant about 2′ high and a bit more in circumference. It is a well behaved plant and worth its place in the miniature conifery I am developing.
Key Features of Picea
- Latin name – Spruce and various forms of Picia
- Type of tree – Evergreen, Conifer
- Leaves – grow in a series of spirals
- Features New growth emerges as soft tassels of delicate light green
- Family – Picea is a genus of about 35 species in the pine family