If bunches of flowers can be arranged in a wide variety of containers and vases why not growing plants.
I liked this boat on a wall at Scarborough which was cheerfully full of Pansies. The variegated Ivy provided a bit of light green colour and texture and even the plastic sunflower was not out of place.
Tips for Unusual Plant Holders
- If you make a creative container ensure there is drainage so plants do not drown. I guess these boats were holed below the plimsoll line!
- Containers under the eaves of houses or in a rain shadow from the wall will need watering more frequently.
- Ensure the container can hold enough compost or soil for a good root run.
- Use water retaining gel or special container compost.
- Pick of dead flowerheads to encourage new blooms.
This boat was in a park at Ross on Wye and it would be hard to tend the plants in the middle as the boat was quite large. It creates a whole new mean to houseboat as this is a real gardenboat.