Massive Gunnera Tips
- Gunnera with giant green leaves grow over 6 feet tall and spread even wider. They are not for small spaces!
- Gunnera are moisture loving, herbaceous plants best suited for stream or lakeside positions.
- They make specimen architectural plants for a bog garden but control the size.
- Cover the plant to protect from hard frost
- Sometimes called giant rhubarb the leaves are not edible
- Heart shaped variegated leaves followed by blue, forget-me-not look alike, flowers make this a very attractive plant.
- Brunneras like a moist soil but can tolerate some dry spells
- Brunneras also like shade and are useful in a woodland setting
- Grow in containers or as ground cover these 18inch high plants are versatile.
- A new golden leaved form is available www.parkseedjournal