Hesperis is a hardy biennial that flowers in blue, purple or white. It is easy to grow from seed and flowers through summer.
- The main charm is the scent that you get in an evening from the masses of 18″-36″ high plants.
- Ideal for the middle of borders, Cottage Gardens, Wild Gardens or a Wildlife Garden.
- Charming large spikes of single flowers attract hoverflies and insects.
Sowing and Growing Instructions
- Optimum Germination Temperature: 60-65F (15-18C).
- Sowing Depth: 1/8 Inch (3 mm).
- Sow in late spring/early summer thin out or plant out in their flowering positions in early autumn.
- Space the plants 30cm (12in) apart in full sun or part shade.
- Plants self-sow freely in good soil.
Seeds are available to plant now from Thompson Morgan