Curves at RHS Harlow Carr Garden
The Royal Horticultural Society offers free advice on there web site and to members. Other membership benefits include free entry to some gardens and a monthly magazine.
Jobs to do in March
Spring usually arrives by mid-March and the frequent sunny days provide the opportunity for an increasing range of gardening tasks.
- Plant shallots, onion sets and early potatoes
- Protect new spring shoots from slugs
- Weeds come back in to growth – deal with them before they get out of hand
- Start feeding fish and using the pond fountain; remove pond heaters
- Lift and divide overgrown clumps of perennials
When you have done these jobs you can cut the grass, sow some seeds, dig the veg patch and a runner bean trench then in the afternoon prune the roses, spread the compost heap and have a cup of tea!
RHS publish a wide range of books that are available from amazon many of which are priced at a reasonable discount.