A truly varied group of plants the Geraniums (or Pelargonium) make great house plants, bedding, basket and container plants.
Types of Geranium
- Ivy leaved varieties are renown for the trailing habit that make them ideal for hanging baskets.
- Scented leaved varieties are available in several scents that amaze as you brush past or crush a leaf.
- The most common Geraniums are called ‘zonals’ because the leaves have distinctive patterns or zones of colour.
- Some Geraniums are selected just for the variegated leaf effects.
- Size varies from 2″ alpine varieties through Dwarf size to robust 18″ bedding plants covered in blossom.
- Balcony geraniums are a feature on Swiss chalet balconies.
Thompson Morgan have a range of seeds and plants available by mail order.
Geranium in 3″ pot, this will flower deep red and produce a showy display in summer.
Regal Pelargonium’s above have very showy blooms and are good exhibits.
Geranium growing tips on Gardeners tips