It looks like a good year for ‘Blossom Dearie’ and no more so than with Syringa the various Lilacs in the varied shades of lilac and white.
- Renown as a tall shrub or small tree there are also dwarf lilacs amongst the dozen of so species and sub-species.
- There are some hybrids with double flowers.
- Lilacs are most justly famous for their perfume from the conical flower heads that is redolent of spring.
- The variety Charles Joly is almost purple.
- For Lilac growing hints and tips
- For photographs of more blossom