What can gardeners do in winter? The answer lies in the soil! but to old gardeners it is still ‘Beyond our Ken’. I often spent too long polishing my good intentions this includes planning to send my mower for servicing and sharpening’ a shame I do not plan to polish up my other important gardening implements.
- In the spirit of new years resolutions you would expect my garage and shed to be perfect models of tidiness and order
- Winter prune trees and plan other tree work. Get an arboriculturalist to do the hard and technical work
- Clear the garage, garden shed and store areas. I have a glory hole where an old coal hole was under some outside stairs. It should be renamed gory hole as the stairs now allow water to penetrate.
- I still store pots by the score together with sundry bulk items I may or probably wont use again.
- Use the opportunity for testing my good ideas, bodges and purloined ideas from other gardeners
- Store garden furniture and frostable item.
Sorry about this post but I have just been clearing out some old drafts – now back into the garden.