A grand house plant that will last and last if you give it soft water.
Rhododendron simsii or indoor azaleas produce large funnel shaped flowers in a range of bright colours almost gaudy.
- They dislike warm conditions and are more suited to a cool room or porch.
- Buy in tight bud and they will open progressively indoors.
- Plants need an acidic, loam compost and will benefit from misting with water on a daily basis until their buds start to show colour.
- Keep plant roots just moist at all times and water with soft water to keep plants healthy.
- During summer they can go outside but keep the moist.
- Flowers are better when the plant is root bound in a pot.