This autumn has produced many great displays of reds and yellows but think on about next years softer colours.
The garish and brash have no place in some muted garden designs. Out with fiery reds and sizzling oranges and in with pastels and soft colours.
White and Creams
- Stark white doesn’t always work for me. A pure white Campanula may draw the attention away from the surrounding display.
- White edging such as Alyssum works well and as with other white flowers looks good with dark green leaves.
- Off-white is a favourite and some cream Roses work extremely well in soft colour schemes.
- Avoid creams that verge on being pale yellow.
- White in leaf colour as with some variegated Hostas helps lift a colour scheme.
Pink – Shocking or Candyfloss