The Evening Primrose is one of my favourite, limeish yellow, summer, biennial flowers.
Evening Primrose Oenothera glazioviana
Evening Primrose Growing
- These plants are capable of seeding profusely
- The large-flowered evening-primrose Oenothera glazioviana is one of 4 common UK species
- There are another dozen species and many hybrids and crosses.
- Evening primrose flower from June to September. and seeds are produced in mid-August
- There is a fragrant evening-primrose Oenothera stricta.
Evening Primrose Medical Benefits
The plant is common and popular in the USA and its roots are eaten and used for various purposes. Gardeners Path say it can ‘help a number of conditions including eczema, rheumatoid arthritis, premenstrual syndrome, and osteoporosis and oil of Evening primrose can be used to regulate blood pressure and to keep the immune system functioning’.