Radishes not tasting like they use too? Blemish free supermarket crops without taste or aroma? A bland selection of seeds from your nurseryman to grow the same varieties as your neighbour? Well there is a movement to bring back and promote the old varieties that would change all that. Heritage varieties are an imposing collection of ancient vegetable and other varieties saved and collected by specialist companies to tempt our taste buds and maintain our heritage plants.
Here are some UK seed supplier links together with many other international seedsmen offering specialist heritage and heirloom varieties.
- Blogger Seed Network
- Thomas Etty
- Association Kokopelli (UK/France)
- Real Seeds
- Heritage Seed Library (UK)
- Real Vegetable Seeds (UK)
- Heritage Wildflower Seeds
- Heirloom Seeds
- Bountiful Gardens (US)
- Baker Creek Seeds (US)
- de Nieuwe Tuin (Dutch Language)
- Salt Spring Seeds (Canada)
- Sand Hill Preservation Center
- Seeds Trust
- Synergy Seeds (US)
- The Garlic Store (US)
- The Victory Seed Company (US)
Keep traditional plants and biodiversity by sharing your knowledge, keeping in touch with these heritage organisations and above all growing great crops.