To me a curmudgeon is not something to plant or see growing in your garden. That is because a curmudgeon is great, galumphing, gormless gardener a bit like me.
Other Definitions of Curmudgeon
- Curmudgeons who garden with bitterness are a symptom rather than a disease and should be treated like weeds.
- A cantankerous naysayers acting as self appointed gadflies to be insecticided.
- A crusty, ill-tempered or difficult and often elderly gardener potentially from Yorkshire.
- Lest we forget the many female versions of curmudgeonliness would be battle axes with a few choice synonyms added.
- ‘National Curmudgeons Day, celebrated on January 29, is growing in popularity. That particular date was selected to honor the ornery among us because it is the birthday of comedian, writer, and self-professed curmudgeon W.C. Fields’.