Save Money on Your Rockery
- Less is more so have fewer, quality plants that you maintain to high standards.
- Scavenge rocks from tips and waste land. Don’t take them from walls or important natural habitats. Each rock will be like treasure trove with many memories attached.
- Make your rockery small, very small or minute. you can get a rockery in a 12″ plant pot with small rocks squeezed in on their edges.
- House leeks, Sedums and other succulents throw off new plantlets very easily and they bulk up quickly so you don’t need too many plants.
- Pinch bits from around your own garden.
- Beg cuttings or ‘off-sets’ from your family, friends or foes.
See also Rock Gardens in Miniature