The prize this month goes to the longest book title about Rose gardening that I can find.
Remember the old chocolate slogan, ‘Roses grow on you’, well, well grown roses help you enjoy your gardening.
What to Expect in the Book of the Month
- The how, when, why and what of Rose care to get good flowers in your garden.
- A terse and almost too concise book not over endowed with photographs.
‘Rose Gardening For The New Home Gardener: A Step-By-Step Gardening How To For Growing Roses With All The Gardening Tips You Must Know For Rose Care and Rose diseases to help you grow Blossoming and eye-catching Rose Bushes In Your Own Garden Landscape by Venus F. Gann (45 word title)
Who Wants to Read ‘Rose Gardening ….. ‘
- Those who want guiding through the growing of roses in a simple none threatening manner.
- If you need encouraging to give tender loving care to get some great roses this book may be for you.
Rose Gardening Contents include:
• Choose the right roses for your garden and there is a massive choice
• How and when to plant, water, fertilize and prune your roses
• Planted roses in pots and containers
• Grow organic roses with tips.
• Prevent and treat common rose diseases
• Dry your roses for flower arranging. How to revive wilting roses
Buy from Amazon
A wider selection of books about your favourite flowering shrubs The Rose
Quick Thoughts of the Month
Growing roses requires plenty of preparation before you can start planting. Roses will live for many years or decades if well treated so preparation will be rewarded.
Roses need space, if you crowd them in one place they won’t have room to develop and diseases can develop easily.
Take the plunge roses are easier to grow than you think!