What to Expect in Our May Book of the Month
- The green and black cover of ‘Wicked Plants: The A-Z of Plants That Kill, Maim, Intoxicate and Otherwise Offend’ may give you a clue as it conjures up feelings of foreboding and danger.
- Details of two hundred of Mother Nature’s most appalling creations that could scare the worried gardener.
- ‘The ‘unfathomable evils’ of the plant kingdom and the presentation makes it an enticing read’ according to Eden Magazine
- Expect a light readable book that is based of good knowledge by an author with several similarly authoritative books to her name
Wicked Plants: The A-Z of Plants That Kill, Maim, Intoxicate and Otherwise Offend by Amy Stuart
Who Wants to Read ‘ Wicked Plants That Kill, Maim, Intoxicate…. ‘
- If you plant to visit the poison garden and Alnwick this book is an interesting precursor.
- Those with young children or a predisposition to be concerned about health and well being will not be comforted but will definitely be better informed.
Buy from Amazon
Quick Thoughts of the Month
The more we learn the less we realise we know:
The Yew is poisonous yet it is in the forefront of the fight against cancer.
Toadstools are perceived as bad whilst mushrooms have had a much better press.
Everything in moderation, eat or drink too much and everything even water can be fatal.
Read more on Dangerous and Harmful Garden Plants