Good compost is a valuable ingredient for a successful garden. Unfortunately, compost can take a while to decompose. Therefore, it is well worth helping to speed up the natural process with a compost accelerator. A compost accelerator contains nitrogen and other ingredients which help speed up the natural organic cycle of breaking down plant material.
- Compost accelerators at Amazon
In addition to using a good compost accelerator, it is also worth bearing in mind the following tips to help compost decompose.
- It is vital the compost is moist. Dry compost will take forever to decompose. Make sure when adding accelerator, that you add sufficient water.
- Well drained. At same time, it is important that there is sufficient drainage, if compost gets waterlogged it will become a smelly anaerobic mess.
- Mixture of plant material. Mix grass clippings with more woody style plants.
- See: Tips on making compost