Purple and White Berried Gaultheria
- Gaultheria are a range of shrubs often with aromatic evergreen leaves.
- Grow for the fleshy coloured berries or calyx and look for Gaultheria mucronata
- Some species are unisex and one male to six female shrubs will increase berrying
- Grow in acid soil conditions with heathers and conifers or in a pot with ericaceous compost.
- Flowers and leaves are small in comparison to the berries
- The plants do not want any extra fertiliser
- Also named Pernettya or Prickly Heath