June is a wonderful time to appreciate the variety of easy care patio roses that are now available.
Third Year of outstanding Flowering
Facts about Patio Rose
- Small and miniature versions of the traditional floribunda type of rose are being bred of the smaller gardens, window boxes, patios or decking areas.
- ‘Peter Beales’ rose grower offers patio climbers, ramblers and a variety of shrub roses for patios
- Patio roses can thrive in pots, containers or direct in the ground
- The smaller cousins ‘miniature roses’ grow to a height of between 12 and 18 inches.
- Patio plants grow up to 30″ tall are generally hardy and repeat well.
Yorkshire Princess Patio Rose
Care Tips for Patio Roses
- I have been fortunate but there have been no greenfly or bug infestations of any note. I would be ready with a garlic spray or proprietary insecticide if needs must.
- Only one out of a dozen plants has suffered fro black spot and as you can see the pots are close together so I must be lucky.
- I gave my plants a mini prune in early spring after a winter prune to keep the plants short and prevent wind damage
On My Patio with Room for More