Bowles Mauve is a wallflower Erysimum linifolium that performs for several years unlike its strongly scented cousins. It is a short lived evergreen perennial that gets a bit leggy if not kept in check. The plant flowers all summer long and it seems as though it is flowering itself to death.
- Take regular cuttings which are easy to root and grow on.
- It grows 2 feet high and wide in most types of soil preferring alkaline to acid
- Also try other Perennial Wallflowers, Bowles Yellow or the shorter ‘Little Lilac Kiss’ from seed
- Erysimum perofskianum Gold Shot as its name suggests has golden yellow flowers
- Butterflies are attracted to this plant of the brassica family
- As a member of the Cruciferae family the flowers grow from stems originating in the centre of the grey leaves and have 4 petals each in the shape of a cross.
Read also Everlasting Wallflowers