Information and Wisdom for Gardeners with Tips and Pictures.
There are now around 950 pages of tips and hints on plants and gardening. All the information is based on the author’s experience, teaching gardening and particularly growing the plants in an urban garden in the North of England. Additional material includes photographs and posts from the author’s son based in Oxford where he spent sometime working in college gardens.
Errors and omissions are the fault of the author, or the weather, or the soil, or the lack of better excuses.
Tips to Get more from this Site
- Wherever you are on the site if you want to return to the main page click on the Gardeners’ Tips Logo at the top of the page.
- Some selected posts – Best of gardeners Tips
- The parent site Gardenerstips.co.uk has the same content as you get from the /blog
- Categories have been chosen to help the visitor navigate to a subject of interest.
- Tips and hints are normally bullet pointed.
- The search box looks at all the pages on the site and gives you a list of appropriate links. Click on your chosen extract for more information and the full page.
- Click on a blog title then submit a comment on any page you find useful. Let us know if you don’t want it published.
- Please link us to your site, this is the link detail to cut and paste http://gardenerstips.co.uk/blog/
An Eclectic Collection of Gardening Gems.
One persons ‘Gem’ is another persons ‘Weed’. You decide but your feedback and comments will help polish future gems.
Are the categories too many or too few? Do you want longer or shorter posts? Are pictures a distraction? What is missing or do you want more of?
Light Hearted Jokes and Quips on a Gardening Theme.
- You need to pick your weed up or someone might trip on it.
- Gardeners use lawn mowers because cows won’t fit in the garden shed and they are noisy ‘cos they have horns.
- What was green and a great wild west trick shooter? – Annie Okra
- Genetically modified vegetable to brush your teeth – Bristle Sprouts
- Beware! Snap-Dragons